Nothing

Might sound out there to some, but after suffering a major back issue, 60% compression fracture from a bad fall, and 4 1/2 months in a full brace from waist to chin on top of several old back injuries, I was directed to a women who does a modified version of Rolfing. Night, and day difference in a few visits. I now go every other month just for maintenance. I was right on the verge of doing surgery, even though they told me it would be iffy. Hope it all works out for you. Mike
Rolfing?

Oh man, you should try and find a way to get off regular Ibuprofin use.

I used ibu on a regular daily basis while I was still flying SAR and it killed my gut and intestines. It eventually broke down my intestinal walls, formed multiple diverticulli and I developed diverticulitus. Wasn’t a fun go getting well after that (weeks in hospital on antibiotics and gawd knows what else) and now I have daily dietary restrictions.

Ibuprofin does NOT do good things to your digestive tract. It’s meant for temporary relief from pain and inflammation, it’s not meant regular/maintenance use…
I am pretty much off it now. Only as needed.

Sometimes a hot tub with the jets directed on the tight muscles in the back can give some relief. Be careful of chiropractors. There are some problems they can help with, but with other problems they can do serious damage. Hope you can find some relief from the pain.

Sorry to hear this I hope you are on the mend soon. I had some nerve damage in the lower back and walking. Lots of walking even if it was unbearable was useful. Took a year to get better. Still remember how hard it was to get out of bed, out of a chair, or drive anywhere. Backs and nerve damage are terrible.

Get Well!!

Hope you find some relief, It is a pain and yes Ibuprofen is bad on you, Many years in the Military where they passed it out like candy. Now have to take pills every day for digestive problems. Have a computer with wires in my back to help control some of the pain. Hope you do not have to do that, Plate, screws and Fusion was done prior, At one point the Doc said I would be in a wheel chair by 55, well I beat that and still trying. Bending over a mill or lathe kills the back have to find good ways to stand and only do so much at a time. Buy it helps to get out there and do somethings. even if it is just for a short time. Try to do something then take breaks. Keeps the mind going a bit more or at least I think it does.

I fractured L4 and L5 in the mid 70's falling off a horse. The pain was excruciating and needed very strong pain killers.
Shortly after that I shattered my left tib and fib leaving in 1.25" shorter which has exacerbated the problem over the years.
The best solution that worked for me was a tiny Chinese lady practicing acupuncture in out town.
I would stumble in bent double almost screaming in agony and 45 mins later walk out upright with a bounce in my step.
She used a ton of needles from the top of my head down to the tips of my toes all connected up to an electro stimulation machine.
every 5 mins as I got used to it she would dial it up a notch. It hurt but worked miracles.
As I left her practice she would always admonish me stating " No no no, no cure, only no pain"

I have never found another practitioner since we moved who has been so effective.
It may be worth looking around for one and trying them out just to see but here are a lot of useless cons to filter out.
Good luck, I feel for you.

I hope you find some relief. My wife finally broke down and had surgery for a terribly herniated disc. It had pinched her nerves so hard that it was 4 months after surgery for them to re-expand and work normally again. The pain and numbness in her leg is gone and it's all a distant memory. Find a good surgeon if nothing else helps, don't live in pain if it can be fixed.
Best wishes

Surgery is a personal choice.

When discussing my options for L4/S1 “fixes”, one of them was surgery. When we discussed the risks, I looked at the doc and said I’m not going under the knife and possibly ending up a paraplegic. It hurts right now, but I can still walk.

I’ll give you a call when it gets so bad I can’t stand it.

We’ve tried it all: accupuncture, tens, physio, drugs, etc. nothing works.

The only thing that gives me relief is traction I do it at hone in an inversion table a couple times a day.

The other thing I learned to do was essentially “ignore” my pain. Basically, I still feel the pain, I just refuse to let it take central focus. I do the same thing with ny tinnitus; I’ve taught myself to listen around it…

The best solution that worked for me was a tiny Chinese lady practicing acupuncture in out town.
+1 on positive results of Acupuncture on back and joint pain.

Back