Novice New To Machining

Rezwan

Registered
Registered
Hello, I am Rezwan and this is my first post here.

I am very much interested in learning metalworking specifically a lathe machine which I have bought recently. A this moment I do not know which lever does what but this is not my concern for now. My lathe machine is a new Pakistani brand 4.5ft with v belt headstock and back gear. I need an operator manual and a soft copy of parts catalog for my machine or similar which is not provided with it.

I have attach some picture so anyone who can recognise the model can reference similar machines.

I apologise for my bad English.

Rezwan

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Howdy and welcome.

Have you tried an internet search on your machine?

image.jpeg image.jpeg
Howdy and welcome.

Have you tried an internet search on your machine?

Thank you very much for your reply.
I have attached 2 more picture (one is a sticker on my lathes body and another stamped in headstock) please read carefully.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

I mean 'terning al king of machine' lathepk.com/leathepk.com
@Steve Shannon, TommyD image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg hello, this is my 2nd post. Let me put it this way, my v belt drive lathe is exactly same as my attached images (not my lathe though) and I find it curious that all Pakistan made lathes are similar (same machine with different logo/name/color). I need a parts catalog for my lathe.

Thanks
Rezwan

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how to drain oil from that location (I don't know what they call it spindle oil bath?)

I again attach an image. It is left of the spindle separate from headstock. It seems to me a glass cover protected by four screw. I am not able to get to my lathe at this moment. Sorry for bad English.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Rezwan,
Don't apologize for your English. It's infinitely better than my non-existent Pakistani.
I cannot provide a manual specific to your lathe, but all metal lathes share similar functionality. If you obtain either the South Bend book or the Atlas book you will be able to learn a lot. http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/62662262/South-Bend-How-to-Run-a-Metal-Lathe
Or search for
"atlas manual of lathe operation pdf"

Steve Shannon, P.E.

Hey there, welcome.

Was this machine definitely made in Pakistan? Not doubting you but a LOT of stuff is Chinese, maybe search for "chinese lathes" in whatever swing you have and see if something that looks like it pops up.

Good luck

Looks like it was made in Pakistan by Hafiz Lathe Machines (HLMPK). They have contact information on their web site. Maybe you could get a manual from them and/or contact them about parts.
http://hlmpk.net/Lathe-machines.html

Tom

P.S. This is the practice forum. You might get more responses in the Q&A forum.

Now ya can see them better. LOL

"Billy G"

Practicing again, Billy? :grin:

Tom

Back