Novice New To Machining

I power the motor but it sounds like minor humming without rotation. Well it worked before, I found someone unplug the wires on main line and messed somehow.

Someone (technician) rearrange the wiring on my fathers house (I was not present that time and he did it for me so that I can get separate power output 220/450V for my purpose.) and it has nothing to do with my lathe.

I don't know how it will sound but I am going to put it this way. I believe most of the members here has professional machining knowledge and experience of twice of my age. I am sure that I am the only one who knows this little in this forum. If not @TommyD , @Steve Shannon ,@brino , @planeflyer21 point me to the direction I still stayed in the dark.

Anyway my intention is, not to disrespect any one here. I already have not been able to answer the questions which you ask and did not reply properly. I am sorry for that. Please feel free to tell me anything.

Thanks

Rezwan,

You have been very polite, patient and your english communication skills are great.

All of us were once where you are.
Keep at it and you will soon be answering questions here. Especially any about that unique lathe of yours.

By the way, I do NOT consider myself to have "professional machining knowledge".
I consider myself an eternal amateur.

Keep having fun!
-brino

Rezwan,
I agree with what brino said, you have been good to work with. I am also inexperienced compared to many here. I've have a lathe or two for decades, but when I read what some of these people do I am very impressed. The only thing we can do is to keep on learning! Just don't give up.
Steve

You are doing fine Rezwan. We all started at one point also. It is also difficult making a diagnosis long distance.

Be patient. You'll get there!

Thank you very much sir. I think, a well educated gentleman will never speak of what he knows and the practical experience is far rich than anything. Which all you have plenty of. I fear not to disagree with you because I am boy of yesterday. If sir Steve consider himself inexperienced then I have not yet born.

@brino sir, what makes you think my lathe is unique? No offence, I am curious.

Goodbye for now, take care.

what makes you think my lathe is unique? No offence, I am curious.

With most lathes posted here I can do a search of the usual places (google, http://lathes.co.uk/, http://vintagemachinery.org/) and find another machine similar in shape and size.
That did not work with your lathe. With yours I found almost nothing about the manufacturer and model.
Also, the controls are a little different than most lathes I have seen.
All the features are probably the same they have just been implemented differently.

To be clear; your lathe looks like a strong, precision and robust machine, but it would probably take anyone here a real close look at it to find all the controls.

-brino

You are right. I did look over hundreds of sites but did not find any specification. All I find is some similar image (Not exactly same). So it is a peculiar but good machine. Within this week I will post clear picture of all sides, control etc.

Thanks for reply.
Tc

Back