Now That's A Mill Table

wrmiller

Chief Tinkerer
H-M Supporter Gold Member
The more I read about these (Sharp LMVs), the more I like 'em. :)

P5220108.JPG

P5220108.JPG

That is beautiful! But I can't get one....all my other equipment would be jealous.
Plus it would be many times worse than worrying about the first scratch on your new car.
-brino

Going to take a while to save enough pennies for that thing. :(

Very pretty. Could we see the rest of the machine?

Okay its pretty, but I question how thick that table is. It looks no thicker than my 935 where Matt's larger knee mills have a much thicker table. Also I'm sure that scraping is fine for ways, its purpose is to create valleys for oil and to reduce friction/surface contact but I see no reason for it on top of a mill table. Sorry to sound negative Bill just making sure your eyes are wide open here.

Coolidge: You yourself said in your own thread that determining spatial relationships or dimensional accuracy from a 2 dimensional pic is near impossible. Eyes are fine dude, thanks. :)

Hand scraped flat isn't a good thing?

Only other pics I have.

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image004.jpg

Love the digital speed. Removes a lot of complexity and potential wear from the head. Still have the hi/low range mechanicals though.

I don't know if it's just me (being colorblind), but the walls are strange enough colored that I can't figure out what color they are. Not sure if they're blue, green, grey, or what.

Other than that, beautiful table! Though, wouldn't it make a dial test indicator wobble quite a bit when checking the table?

Indicator will only dip one way over the flaking. Just make sure it doesn't swing past zero going the other way.

Back