Now They've Done it

It’s all good Capt.
I didn’t realize you already made your purchase. You know your situation better than I know your situation and needs. In any case, we all make concessions based on finances. Especially for a hobby. That said, I saw a question and I was only giving the best Honest answer I could give.

Even if someone purchases a HF used round column, at least they now have their foot in the door. They can then learn how to machine while both educating themselves plus they then learn what needs they really have. Keeping ones eyes open....Craigslist and such....at some point a used machine usually shows up at a great price. When time is on your side....it makes things easier.
Ask anyone and they’ll tell you that the Atlas 6” lathe is woefully under ridged. And I’ll tell you, they are correct. But that was my first lathe. And I loved it. Still have it. Could sell it in a flash if I wanted to but I’m emotionally attached to the little bugger. It got my foot in the door.
But then again....if it serves your needs you are golden. If you want more....you’re still machining while you search for next mill. You can always trade up. Especially since you are buying a quality machine.
have a great day.

By the way. Congratulations !

Thanks Tim; the PM25 will go nicely with my PM 1022 Lathe. I'm just a hobbyist and wanna bee firearms tinkerer. I also reload and some of my first projects will be to modify some of my bullet molds, removing the GC ridge AND creating precise bullet sizing dies. Also into building game (Duck) call Jigs. I hope to get the Mill mounted, cleaned and trammed this coming week.

I'm close to making a PM25 purchase..... Good thread ongoing here.

Back