[4]

Now with realistic battle damage!

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Bob Korves

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
Trying hard to show his product in it's best light in the ad -- NOT! It does not look like it has had a drop of oil put on it or any clean up in the time he owned it, and perhaps for a lot longer than that, by the looks of it.

markba633csi

Platinum
Registered
With some people, clutter is a way of life.
Isn't that an early South Bend? Turner is the gear drive but the lathe is another make I think?
Can you guess what's under all that grime? And how thick is the grime layer? Is it radioactive?

pontiac428

Mo-Max
Registered
I'd rather see it like that, all covered in grunge, than try to tell what kind of condition it's in with a fresh coat of rattle can paint covering all the visible wear and oil stains.

francist

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
I've seen that one too, err, keep seeing that one. It has been up for a while. Might be an old Sydney or something, looks old (and heavy).

-frank

kev74

Registered
Thanks!!! You guys are making me feel much better about my housekeeping.

hermetic

Active User
Registered
looks like a good deal, even from over here in the UK, but it never ceases to amaze me how some ppl make no effort whatever to show their machine off a bit for sale, you see them just the same on Ebay uk!. I suppose you could call it a brutally honest view of the machine!

Silverbullet

Gold
Registered
Guess you should look up Aboms YouTube video on the sale of a giant old vertical boring mill / vtl. The lathes are so packed with chips there mounted up and packed so tight they'd never been cleaned in twenty years. As with others clutter takes over when your body stops working right or long enough to take time to clean.

[5] [7]