'Nuther Anniversary, Starting to lose count, I know my wife has.

irishwoodsman

Active User
Registered
it will be 30 yrs for us in june, a man is only as good as his counter part, i told her it was going to take a strong philly to hold this mustang down well 30 yrs later she proved she was up for the task and i thank god she was:halo:

Congratulations Whyemier. She definitely sounds like a keeper. :))

I married my best friend 33 yrs ago. I can't figure out why, but she still spoils me rotten. :biggrin:

Congrats!

I have been married to my bride for 36 years.

John

Congrats!!! For me and my best friend its only 14 years as of last Sept. But she has been putting up with me for 23. Defiantly a keeper.

Jeff

Wow fellas, sounds like all of you know a secret or two that I don't......then again, some of you have been married longer than I've been alive.....no pun intended (well, maybe just a little)

Seriously, I'm glad that relationships like yours still exist in todays world. Congrats to ALL of you!!

Congrats Whyemier!

We hit 21 years married in December, close to 27 together (1984).

It's a long time for someone to put up with me, I know.... :faint:

:tiphat: Nelson

Uh oh...... If we aren't careful somebody is going to end up doing a scientific study on why males with the "machining gene" tend to have long stable relationships.

Of course determining which relationship (mate or machine) to study could prove to be an issue.... :lmao::lmao::lmao:
:biggrin:

I feel like a old timer, it's been 40 years for us last July. My secret was to read her the riot act before we got too involved, that means tell her what you are like and what to expect. For me it was telling her that I like to hunt, fish, shoot guns and like all kinds of tools, so if you don't like it to break it off now so we don't waste each others time. For her it was easy since her whole family had the same interests. I guess that is why it lasted soo long, it was like being at home for her.
Paul

Congratulations, Whyemier! It seems that today, not as many folks stay together all that long. Divorce is too easy an out for people unwilling to work through the problems that invariably come along in life. Not that all couples are perfect matches, but still, the object is staying together till death do us part and all that. It took me two tries, but this past summer made 25 years for us.

Keep on doing whatever you are doing.....it's working!

Marriage is about the quality of the struggle not where you end up. When the bad time hit me 2 years ago my wife told me to just believe that she believed everything was gonna be OK. Ther were times when I could have just given up, but she told me with tears in her eyes that she couldn't do it without me. So we struggled through surgery, nursing homes, rehab hospitals, physical therapy, dialysis and financial insecurity. We have pulled together shoulder to shoulder an trudge the road to destiny together. I have only had her 15 years, but she is a life long keeper.
Bob

Back