O/T . Whatcha listenin to ?

One my all time favorite bluegrass albums.

Remembering Tony Rice, one of the best flatpickers ever, passed Christmas morning. RIP.

I did not know that . A huge loss for the bluegrass family . :( I guess I should log into Facebook more often , my buddy is president of the IBHF down in Nashville . Paul Schiminger . I thought I read where he is planning on retiring this year , but man did we have some huge parties in my back yard with Paul and his band playing ! :encourage:

Love's me some soft shell crab samich!! A little hard to come by out this way, but when in season I'll splurge on some flown in fresh at the local seafood CO. Cheers, Mike

Quote: Hot Bottom Feeder

One of my favs …………….RIP Tony . :cool:
I like to think of myself as pretty knowledgeable about music and musicians, but Tony Rice hadn't hit my radar until his passing this week. He was amazing. Thanks for the post.

I like to think of myself as pretty knowledgeable about music and musicians, but Tony Rice hadn't hit my radar until his passing this week. He was amazing. Thanks for the post.
There were few as influential lead guitar players in bluegrass before TR. Doc Watson wasn’t seen as bluegrass more folk and old time/blues. Some others. But his body of work with especially the Grisman Quintet and on was ground breaking. Sorry Dave, but him doing Free Born Man is like Free Bird or such for me. He so many other great things.

I've been a large fan of bluegrass for years and years as my brother played before being deceased . I have his banjo up in the attic and won't part with it . My other brother has played guitar for a living his entire life . Freeborn Man is one of my all time favs because of the talented group that was at this festival . They're the best of the best IMO . :)

They're the best of the best IMO . :)
Yes, for that time period. There are young pickers right now that even as phenomenal as those guys are, there’s kids that are even better. The shoulders of giants and all that. Guys like Chris Thile and Cody Killbe and a host of others that are now about the age of the bunch in the vid who became known as “usual suspects.”

Are you ready to party ? :drink:

Back