O/T . Whatcha listenin to ?

I like KMHD FM in Portland Oregon - 24 hour jazz station that (they say) is available as a stream at KMHD.COM

No commercials other than PSA's and Public Radio low-key underwriter messages

Long night of the blues here at work ..........................so this fits in quite well . Nicolette sure looked great way back then .

I listen to virtually every genre except country, 50's rock n roll, crap and commercial radio stations.
Heres a couple of you tube channels who have some interesting stuff I've found lately.

That is a rather interesting band. Something different. At least it isn't country.

Rediscovered The Baby's recently too.

Also, I started utilizing my ear buds and listening to podcasts. I especially enjoy Hidden Brain from NPR and other similar programs that are intellectually stimulating. Way with Words is another one.

The local non profit FM station, streamed. All volunteer DJ’’s, wide variety of stuff. From bluegrass to metal. Local news, too which was a huge help during the recent wildfires.

Just as good as their earlier stuff. Maynard hasn't lost any of his range (or edge).
Listening to him on JRE was refreshing and inspiring. Forgotten how down to earth but off the charts intelligent that guy is. Man, it must be nice to have the "screw you money" to do whatever the heck you want.

I’m a borderline stalker fan of Primus. Les Claypool of Primus joined these guys on one of their videos and I’ve found them to be pretty entertaining:

Two Minutes to Late Night

Basically a bunch of professional musicians doing remote covers and it’s all mixed together to bring you a pretty unique cover song video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That's pretty legit! It's kinda like cheating to ask Claypool to do Rush. Never seen these guys, I'm looking forward to seeing what else they've got!

Edit:
Should post music...

Back