Oh crap . Maybe another wabbit hole to dig .

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Case 580 loader backhoe .

Not exactly sure what it needs , but my brother says his friend wants it gone . :rolleyes:

Oh Lord....:rolleyes:I thought you were in the basement...

I would love to come across a Case 580 like you are describing.

My vote is go for it!

Grab it. And keep an eye out for forks you can use, damn handy around a shop or anyplace

One of my friends has converted his Case loader to universal attachment system. You can buy kits for most models. Now he can buy any attachment that you would use on a Skid Steer and change them out with one locking lever. Really slick upgrade for an old tractor.

I have a Case 480. Bought it used about 20 years ago. It's been a GREAT piece of equipment. Other than normal maintenance and rebuilding a couple of hydraulic cylinders, I've had zero issues with it. It's a real workhorse.

Regards,
Terry

Off subject , but myself and my boss caught them in a little white lie this morning . I have witneeses now .

I have a 580C, really nice digging machine. Nice to be able to punch a 10' x 10' x 10' hole in about 10 minutes, then make stuff disappear. Or bury a 250-gallon plastic chemical tank next to the shop with 20' of drain for a <$300 septic system. If you pick it up, make sure you don't get a trailer or you're going to start getting calls like, "Hey buddy, can you help me out?". Ask me how I know. . .

Bruce

Back