Oh crap . Maybe another wabbit hole to dig .

This subject came back up today with a phone call from my brother . If I could move it , I could have it . I'm not sure about this one though , not a lathe or mill you can just throw on a trailer and jam it in the garage . I would like to look at it and talk to the guy first as to what is wrong with it . I know he's up there in age and wanting to sell his place soon . IDK , if this followed me home , me and the dogs would most likely be looking for new places to sleep . The wife wants no more projects for me , unless they're her projects . :nail biter:

This subject came back up today with a phone call from my brother . If I could move it , I could have it . I'm not sure about this one though , not a lathe or mill you can just throw on a trailer and jam it in the garage . I would like to look at it and talk to the guy first as to what is wrong with it . I know he's up there in age and wanting to sell his place soon . IDK , if this followed me home , me and the dogs would most likely be looking for new places to sleep . The wife wants no more projects for me , unless they're her projects . :nail biter:
But you need something to get your mind off the taste of beer.

That is pretty much how I ended up with a backhoe, which got trade off for an excavator.

You might want to look at , though take off any “ rose colored glasses “ when you do , like I listen to that lol . It might be a cream puff machine that was stored inside . You seem like you would be able to do any repairs but old hoses to be replaced add up quick unless you have access to them cheap . We had an old. 580 or 590K at work for the line school students I think it was a 1994 . A few seeping cylinders aren’t too bad even to rebuild you should be able to do yourself Parts from what I’ve found for that were still easy to get right from Case . Good Luck !

Who said that the dogs would follow :)

The hoses don't scare me as I have the full set of Weatherhead crimp dies and connections . It's the size of this monster , and I'm already out of space . If I could haul it up to New York it wouldn't be an issue .

Know what you mean by getting it hauled being maybe an issue . The neighbor built his house last year , after the foundation was in he still needed much grading , his FIL has a machine like the size your looking at , he didn’t know anyone personally that he could make a deal without get it here . Even though it was around 15 miles away he was getting quotes of a grand each way !!! It would have been nice having it but he found a guy who did excavating and masonry on the side that had a good size skid steer . I don’t think he would have saved much especially if he was using his FIL machine and something broke . I went over with the little Kubota to do little things .

Back