Oh Happy Day

Nothing like the excitement and anticipation of getting a new machine!

Serial # 10807TKL14. Is there a way to move this to the SB forum as I will have MANY questions in the near future and figure this may fit better in that forum. Or do I just need to start a thread there?

I will try and get some pics up today. As of now I am just going through and making sure everything is getting lubrication and cleaning surface rust on moving parts. This machine is that God awful green color, does that help with dating the machine. As for pats and supplies I got with the machine; 2- 3 jaw chucks, a 4 jaw chuck, follow and steady rest, micrometer carriage stop, chinesium QCTP with 5 tool holders, threading dial. I am sure I missed a couple of items. Oh by the way I am gonna call her Lynn in honor of the man I bought her from.

Here are a few pics. I will post some over all pics when I remember to take them LOL.

Attachments

• Lathe3.jpg
    Lathe3.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Lathe%.jpg
    Lathe%.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Lathe1.jpg
    Lathe1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Lathe4.jpg
    Lathe4.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 19
I noticed today that the spindle oil cups are not holding oil so I figure the wicks are probably bad so I started pulling the spindle. Rear bearing remove set screws, remove spreader screws, next cap screws, pry cap loose make sure to place shims where they came from. Front bearing same procedure except no spreader screws, and no spreader. It looks like someone forgot to install the spreader and tried to push it in through the top then just left it out. At least they put a small piece of felt in there.

Attachments

• Small Bearing.jpg
    Small Bearing.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Large Bearing.jpg
    Large Bearing.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 13
Front wick very cruddy back wick torn into two pieces. Will replace.

Back