Oh my! Enco surface grinder, getting tighter in the shop

Crank

Registered
Registered
While trolling around the interwebs, I stumbled on a listing for an Enco 6 x 12 surface grinder. They were asking $350 so I sent a message. It was still available and I went to look at it. I was expecting a 240V 3ph machine, but it was a 115V 1ph. I heard it run and I offered $300, he said yes. Lousy timing with the space issues in my garage, but a deal doesn't wait.

Message_1521244807864.jpg
20180316_173201_HDR.jpg
20180316_173147_HDR.jpg
Message_1521245205826.jpg
20180316_173153_HDR.jpg

Mark

man, i was looking for the exact same type of machine and you found it!
lucky dog!!! :drool:

Sorry Mike, like I said wasn't the most appropriate timing, but I wasn't going to let it get away. The bugger is filthy but shows minimal wear. I'm going to get a new ON/OFF switch, the original is a bit sketchy.

Mark

Good find, I’m sure you will be able to shuffle things around to make it fit in the garage. Congrats

I don’t have floor space for another 5 gal bucket in my garage but if I come across a deal like that creative thinking would have to take over!

As I look at the photos again, everything looks pretty bad. After I snapped those, I wiped down the table, carriage and the motor only to find its reasonably nice under that layer of finely aged grinding dust seasoned with just enough oil to be about as nasty as copier toner. I never thought that an import like this would be scraped, but it is and most of it is still present. I'm going to scrub the heck out of the base today and spiff up the cabinet so I can get that all secured. After that, I'll fine clean the other parts before I throw it back together.

If by any crazy chance, someone has a copy of the manual for an Enco specifically, please share. The current Grizzly offering seems enough different, but I'll have to look closer.

Mark

Back