Oil Can #2

I was greatly inspired by Hackmasters beautiful oil can clone. I decided to do a run of my own with a simpler design. It was suggested that I start a new thread here and not hijack the other thread.
The plan was originally solid brass. I realized that the pump housing would add too much weight so I went with an aluminum pump housing.

I was sort of emulating this original as posted by Hackmaster:

EAGLE66.jpg

Here is the base pattern:

14%2B-%2B3.jpg

14%2B-%2B2.jpg

14%2B-%2B1.jpg

Its about 3/16" thick at the edge. I will turn it down more when it is brass.

R

Attachments

• EAGLE66.jpg
    EAGLE66.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 764
  • EAGLE66.jpg
    EAGLE66.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 763
  • 14%2B-%2B3.jpg
    14%2B-%2B3.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 759
  • 14%2B-%2B3.jpg
    14%2B-%2B3.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 757
  • 14%2B-%2B2.jpg
    14%2B-%2B2.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 757
  • 14%2B-%2B2.jpg
    14%2B-%2B2.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 759
  • 14%2B-%2B1.jpg
    14%2B-%2B1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 757
  • 14%2B-%2B1.jpg
    14%2B-%2B1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 755
Last edited:
Nice add another project to my list , I like this one tho. Think I'll have to buy some base and top castings tho , no foundry and no room for one . Maybe someone will offer to sell a couple ?

I like the stainless pump unit ,how heavy is it when full .

Will you be making a stainless salt and pepper mill to match that has ceramic grinders perhaps making the outlet for the ground material come out the top and putting a fine threaded base on as the filling point?
We have some acrylic bodied mills with the ceramic grinders of a similar nature that would look fantastic on the table with the olive oil can as well if made in in stainless

O
Unbelievably beautiful work. You have the gift, what a blessing to be able to inspire others with a homemade oil can.
Ome

Well, I just had to comment on your job. That's just crazy, stupid awesome !! Even your pics & explanation are equally good. Must have taken as much time to write-up + pics as to do the work ! Super job & congrats on a great looking tool.

Thank you all.
The stainless can is not overly heavy when full. My wife loves it. I like the salt and pepper idea. Maybe....
R

Nice work indeed .. Btw I need 2 oiliers but ill take one . have no pref over SS or brass . either one is ok tho ....
Thanks for sharing great idea for a rainy day project prob make it lil different but if ya don't mind ill borrow some from pump mech . Agaian great work and they shinny too :)

Back