Ok, don't laugh...

It's all good. When I first bought my lathe, I put the key in the chuck because I did not want to loose it. And yes, not long after I turned the lathe on and the key was thrown across the shop. After that, I did not trust myself to remember and I started sitting the key down by the lathe, on the work bench :grin:.

What's bad is I NEVER left the key in at work (big 21" swing Axelson) but I've actually caught myself twice leaving it in the South Bend 9 here at home. :oops:

So you've learned , turning to an edge , facing, center drill and drilling and tapping. Nice finish what are you trying next. Good job I remember my vocational school teacher grading us.

So you've learned , turning to an edge , facing, center drill and drilling and tapping. Nice finish what are you trying next. Good job I remember my vocational school teacher grading us.

Thanks. You could not imagine how much I wish I had done metal shop in school or vo-tech or something. I was eat up with cars and went to work sweeping the floor in a body shop when I was 19. Can't complain really. I've made a good living in the collision industry for 37 years but it would have been nice to have learned some of this before now.

Back