Ok, don't laugh...

Just remember, around here we blame @mikey for everything related to tool grinding. :D

Getting the platen upgrades on there will make a big difference. Your grinds will be a lot straighter with it.

For the next act, you can join me in the land of fixing up Bridgeport milling machines... :)

Just remember, around here we blame @mikey for everything related to tool grinding. :D

Getting the platen upgrades on there will make a big difference. Your grinds will be a lot straighter with it.

For the next act, you can join me in the land of fixing up Bridgeport milling machines... :)
Well, it is Mikey's fault after all. :grin big:

And NO, no BP fixing...yet...

Terry,
Good job on the screw jack.
I have a set of Mikey’s tool models available if you’re interested.
Jeff

Terry,
Good job on the screw jack.
I have a set of Mikey’s tool models available if you’re interested.
Jeff

Hi Jeff. I’m am more than interested. I’ll PM you my info. Thanks!!!

Reactions: Z2V
The first "thing" that I ever machined. What a great resource HM is. I faced, turned, drilled and threaded on my G8688 lathe after much reading. It was great fun. I didn't even break anything...yet.

I think I've graduated to perhaps the 'sophomore' level but, like you, I play around with making gadgets just for the learning experience. Nice work! Just for experience, I made a couple of pieces similar to yours and pressed a round magnet into a milled out section on the end. I have since made several more and have them all over my shop. Some, I even practiced knurling on the handle part. Great practice and the end result is something practical.

Welcome!

Regards,
Terry

Back