Ok, I give up; What is this??

KG/qcm = ~ 1 bar. so 6 bar = 87 PSI

Best guess is a WW2 British aircraft tire pressure gauge. Manometer is just another name for pressure gauge.
Some brand new Goodrich “vintage” automobile tires are load rated at 70 psi, so an antique tire gauge with redline at 85 psi isn’t out of the question.

Tom

I doubt that it could be a radiator pressure gauge. The rubber and valve on the bottom would make it a push on by hand. There are no threads or accommodations for them. I doubt that many people would check a hot radiator with a hand gauge,

Manometers are used in the fuel gas (LP and natural) industry to measure gas pressure. In the U.S., LP gas systems used for home heating and cooking are regulated at about 10 inches of water column which is much less than 1 pasig. I don’t recall the regulated gas pressure for natural gas, but I think it’s around 8 inches of water column. Manometers measure pressure by how far the pressure moves a column of water. In some cases mercury is used instead of water. The one pictured here is used in metric measurements but does the same thing. They would be used in any industry that requires measurement of low gas pressures. I hope my explanation makes sense. I tend to ramble.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"qcm" stands for quadratisch centimeter, or square centimeter for english speakers. Like @JimDawson said, that's bar units pressure. Methinks it's a tire gauge, and the use of aluminum places it immediately post war or even during the war, otherwise I'd expect it to be brass or steel.

It's not aluminum. The housing is plated brass and steel.
I am now pretty convinced that it a tire gauge. I have searched all over the Net and haven't found anything similar.
Randy

Back