[Mill] Old but new to me Diamond Horizontal Mill

coinseeker

Registered
Registered
Need some help! I know there is a couple of you guys on here that owns or know about these old Diamond horizontal milling machine. I think this is a m-20. The motor is a 3/4 hp 220 3 phase motor can I replace this with a 1 hp 110 motor? I got the machine and all the other stuff you see in the pictures for 100.00 was this an okay deal? This was sold buy a company out of Indianapolis IN to a company here in Louisville KY back in the early 1940's

1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

I think you you have some work to do, but for $100, definitely no room to complain. Your 110 motor should be fine if the rpm is similar to the original. Mike

Want your money back?
I run across deals all the time if your interested in one i will let you know. working on a montgomery ward lathe that was made by logan lathe company. bearings in the head need work. I offered him 50.00 he said he will let me know

Just the box of cutters is worth more than $100. Nice deal.
Yeah that is what made me buy it. turns out about half of them the shaft opening is 1.25 and mine is 1.00 so i hope i can find some one that needs them. I did get one B & S#9 taper collet.

It looks like a B12 to me. I have one. You're lucky, that one has the table with the three t slots. Mine has one. Mine was made in 45, they changed to the three t slot table sometime after that. That's a nice haul you got with it. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back