Old gasoline generator repairs

Couple of weeks ago i bought two small generators they both "run" the smaller one needed an carb cleaning and now runs good, the Bosch uses an Tecumseh HS40 engine which has a blown head gasket, and only runs for couple of seconds and dies, the generator works so is worth repairing it.
DSC_0001.JPGDSC_0020.JPGDSC_0005.JPGDSC_0003.JPG

Had very little free time but did managed to make a bracket and feet for this generator, started with an 40mm flat piece, shaped it, drill and thread them and used couple of rubber stops as feet, quick job did not painted the bracket but used stainless steel allen bolts.
DSC_0150.JPGDSC_0151.JPGDSC_0154.JPGDSC_0156.JPG

Today i had few hours to spare so i decided to try and fix the other generator, i know that is ignition related, so i removed the front cover, flywheel and found out the oil seal is not leaking, the inside is dry and clean, someone had used the wrong grease on the points, and they ware stuck, so i spent some time cleaning filing the points, i used very little amount of anti seize on the points, by the look this engine has very little use, i assembled everything, added fresh fuel and begin adjusting the carb, gouverner, but i'm not satisfied is not running smooth, seams to misfire every so often and fire thru the exhaust. I want to try changing the spark plug and i'll leave it to run for longer time to see if couple of heat cycles help.
DSC_0271.JPGDSC_0276.JPGDSC_0273.JPGDSC_0277.JPG
DSC_0282.JPG
DSC_0284.JPG

Back