Old Hein Werner Floor Jack Repair

Great work. Didn't know you could still get Heinz Warner parts.

Most jacks today are built you-know-where. I bought one, it was fair. I cut shims for the casters, they were sloppy. The two piece handle was indeed quite a piece. It got several holes and spot welded for rigidity. The gear drive needed a guide washer on the base of the handle.

Okay for home use, not comparable to the Heinz Warner pictured here.

Over at www.garagejournal.com there is a guy on there that carries the parts to rebuild them. I just can't remember his name right off. If anyone is interested, I can find out who it is, or go there to the General Tool Discussion and almost anyone there can point you out to him.

Sorry UB....I posted before I read the last few threads. I didn't know he was over at your site now. My apologies for toe stepping.

...............................You can depend on an H-W or Blackhawk to lift more than the rating. Seals are still available.
http://www.blackhawkparts.com/store/page9.html

On an original Blackhawk maybe, but not the hydraulic equipment that bears the Blackhawk name these days.
Not the same company, not the same quality. The only part that's original is the typeface of the Blackhawk sticker.

M

found the seals I need and I have removed the hydraulic unit...that meant taking off one side, so Ive decided to totally go over the darned thing....had to remove the front wheels looks like it had the original grease, more like tar ....20 1-5/8 long roller bearings in one side 19 in the other so I made another. Seal kit was pretty expensive so I figured I'd do it all up right including new blue paint after a complete cleaning and inspection...Once I finish it it will be nice and saleable if needed....that's a quarter on it for scale

Did you ever finish this project? If so please post pics and update.

Back