Old lathe manufacturer

north1

Registered
Registered
Anyone have any info on this lathe? Have been unable to get any help from seller as he listed it for in-laws and hasn’t got back to me questions I asked.

Attachments

• 3EC44C82-751F-431A-9FD6-879B2E9B8C9C.jpeg
    3EC44C82-751F-431A-9FD6-879B2E9B8C9C.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 83
I'd think a close up of the nameplate would tell at least, who made it.

Was hoping he would send more pics(only one available) or info but haven’t heard back from him. Interested because only 90 miles from me which is about as close as it gets in this part of the country.

It looks pretty stout.

If you're in the market and availability is low I'd just go and take a look, that's the only way you'll be able to check it out anyway....

The actual manufacturer isn't nearly as important as condition and what comes with it. Someone who doesn't even know who made it isn't in a position to ask premium prices anyway. I'd make the trip with Benjamin's in my pocket, a trailer behind the truck and a good idea of how to check out an old lathe or a partner who does.

Fortune favors the bold....

John

He said his in-laws want $2,500. Doesn’t know if anything comes with it or condition. Might take a look if he doesn’t get back to me soon but no way am I bringing that many Benjamin’s. Just curious if anyone could identify it and possible quirks so I could prepare myself a little. Spent 2 hrs going through lathes.co.uk and couldn’t peg it down.

Sorry I can't give any idea what it is, I've seen pictures of Rivet lathes that look similar but not familiar enough to even guess.

For $2500 though it should be in excellent shape, a known manufacturer, and all those boxes underneath it should be filled with tooling and accessories. I've never been to North Dakota but if it's anything like Nevada 90 miles is just a trip to Walmart ;) .

Maybe head out there and make an offer based on what you're willing to spend. If you're talking with the son-in-law he might just be trying to add a little scratch for himself and the price could drop when you show up with cash and start sweet talking his MIL.

If you wait around someone else might get it and you'll never know what it is....

JMHO,

John

Wise words indeed and yes it isn’t much further than a trip to Walmart. Will have to wait till next week though as we are currently in a blizzard warning with 13” of snow and 55 mph winds on the way. Makes a guy wish he was smart enough to be in Nevada;-)

Wise words indeed and yes it isn’t much further than a trip to Walmart. Will have to wait till next week though as we are currently in a blizzard warning with 13” of snow and 55 mph winds on the way. Makes a guy wish he was smart enough to be in Nevada;-)

Would you please keep that out there for a few more weeks?

Anyone have any info on this lathe? Have been unable to get any help from seller as he listed it for in-laws and hasn’t got back to me questions I asked.
It has that "Hendey" look to it.

Do not Ser what looks like change gears and the spindle looks tiny behind Chuck.

2500 seems too much.

Does not hurt to start high.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back