Old man day dreaming!

Ouch! I always thought you were supposed to use your shin bone when you ran into a three-point hitch.

Here's hoping you recover quickly.

Regards

P.S.: What kind of tractor?

Was hoping @COMachinist would report back on his circumstance......

I hope he's doing alright!

-brino

Oh I‘m ok but really sore on my right side. Two big bruises on my right side where I hit the 3 point hitch on the way down. No broken bones just hard to do any thing. I can’t lift any thing more the the coffee cup right now. I was totally at fault waking while looking at the drawings for the belt grinder build. I won’t be keeping the tractor in the shop while working from now on.
Thank you all for your concern.
CH

Merry Christmas All.
just a quick update. I was able to get back in the shop the last 2 days. Still have some soreness on my right side and upper back that struck the 3 point hitch. The large bruises have all but gone. I have been in the shop the last 2 days,the weather has been great and l’ll be ok. This has taught me a real lesson, to be mindful of my movements. I cleared a bench in the shop, to use for studying prints and drawings, sitting down and not walking. I moved the tractor to another location so I don’t have to step around it. I thank God I was not hurt worse, I was truly lucky this time. My mind keeps saying I’m only 30 but the body is saying you old fool your nearly 70. I’ll be listing to the body from now on.
Thanks to all, for the well wishes, and a Happy New Year.
CH

Merry Christmas All.
just a quick update. I was able to get back in the shop the last 2 days. Still have some soreness on my right side and upper back that struck the 3 point hitch. The large bruises have all but gone. I have been in the shop the last 2 days,the weather has been great and l’ll be ok. This has taught me a real lesson, to be mindful of my movements. I cleared a bench in the shop, to use for studying prints and drawings, sitting down and not walking. I moved the tractor to another location so I don’t have to step around it. I thank God I was not hurt worse, I was truly lucky this time. My mind keeps saying I’m only 30 but the body is saying you old fool your nearly 70. I’ll be listing to the body from now on.
CH

Very happy to hear that you are doing better. I know what you mean between the mind and the body. In my minds eye I still think I am 35, but when I look in the mirror there is this old man starring back at me. Don't know who he is but I wish he would stop mimicking me, freaks me out.

This year my body has paid the price for working from home and all the lock downs. When I was going into the office at Boeing, I was getting a lot of walking just to get from the truck to the office, lunch room and even for a cup of coffee. But been working from home since March and the lack of movement is getting to me. Had to rebuild the vacuum pump on one of the heads on the boat recently. By the end of the day, I was hurting more than I should have been.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas All.
CH

Glad to hear you are doing better and getting in some shop time.

@COMachinist

I am also glad to hear you're doing well.
There is no time like shop time.

Merry Christmas!

-brino

Back