• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

Old Motor

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Old Iron

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
I took all off my Aluminum scrap to my friend that does recycling and made a 100.00 off that. He wasn't up when I got there so I opened the gate and went in had a good look around while I was waiting on him.

While I was there he ask me if I found something to buy and I showed him the motor and ask how much he picked it up and put it in my truck saying know charge.

So I think it was a pretty good score because I like old motors. Some body had all ready jury rigged the wires but I did plug it in to see if it ran. It was really quiet but the oilers are broken of so I'll have to fix that.

Paul

Motor.JPG

itsme_Bernie

Active User
H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
I love old motors! When they are quiet, they are really quiet! Nice

Bernie

Silverbullet

I like the way you can here the starter click off when it reaches speed. Then there's barely a hum. I've few around , some take offs , others auction or yard sale . Always good to have one around .

markba633csi

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Free motors are always good. Both my cats were free (but the food isn't LOL)

[6]
[5] [7]