Old round ram Bridgeport

I have that exact mill in my shop. Mine has the slotter attachment on the opposite side of the ram (I rarely use it).
My mill was being used in some wood working shop prior to me purchasing it and was already set up for 120 Volt single phase power.
It's a good mill and I've done a ton of work with it although it is a little light for heavy cuts on steel.

If you intend this to be a weekend hobby machine I would say it's a good deal. One thing to check is the slop in the splined shaft, if it is excessive, you will get a lot of chatter and tooling marks. I made a collar that slips over the shaft and top nut and tightens against both to eliminate the slop. It's a simple band aid fix that I'm not particularly proud of.

The machine is pretty easy to move and set up, I have moved mine three times (one move was across most of Canada). A small fork lift or medium sized skid steer can pick it up at the ram, final positioning can be done with a pinch bar to lever it around one inch at a time.

my mill is one of these..it works for me mine has the original head and a kondia ...

Back