Old Walker turner grinder attachments

cpd62

Active User
Registered
I recently bought an old grinder on ebay and it came with a bunch of extras. The owner hasn't returned my requests for info. It has a full set of 3 wheel guards (1 custom fabricated and 2 originals). It also has a pivoting table to do surface grinding or cut-off/mitering. Can anyone help identify this attachment in the pictures? I can't find it in any old WT catalogs. It looks like the 2 pieces mate together. I think it is missing a small "shoe" that the set screw pushes into the groove to lock it.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Christian

photo-9.jpg photo-8.jpg photo-7.JPG

Talk to Tony over at Lathes.co.uk

He has an archive in old machine tools, and that WT grinder is not on the list. He would be very grateful for pictures and info to add to his archives, and supporting the metalworking community.

But sorry, I have no idea what that attachment was for.

Some guys at OWWM.org said it's a delta diamond wheel dressing jig.
You're right, no one has ever posted a picture of this grinder on vintage machinery.org. It's one of the reasons I bought it. It's unique. The machine is listed in the WT 1938 pdf catalog on the site. I'm going to clean it up and get it running with the table on one side for a metal cut-off wheel and a white norton sharpening stone on the other.

Christian

I have one of those diamond dresser fixtures, but not the table, I use it on my Baldor carbide grinder, Could you make a sketch of the table with dimensions and post it, I think I'd like to make one for my Delta grinder.

Back