Old windpower

OK how do we run cars on wind power, what an idea, must be a way, Oh we can pump the oil out of the ground with wind power, and run some of the refinery's
on wind power, that would bring the price of gas down, I think ??

Thank you Tony, as one who works for a company that has transported hundreds of wind turbine parts ( blades, hubs, towers and nasals ) all over the northwest. I find that article fun and interesting.

Jerry.:tiphat:
Jerry,
I used to haul that oversize and over dimension stuff too. It was very nerve racking in some cases. Nothing was ever really heavy, but a 100+ foot trailer behind you is tough to get around any kind of corner. Thanks for the pics, Tony.
Bob

I wanted everybody to remember that wind-power is certainly not new, and we are merely "standing on the shoulders of giants" when it comes to some things. I can appreciate the size and complexity of that type manufacturing WITHOUT computers!

Holy smokes

Some wicked photos there Tony. How about this. My father sold out (shop) built new one quite aways
from the house 40 x 50' 10x10 doors and all. So this will envolve a lot of digging but also he tried to
find deals on big big burial wire. No real deals at that time for that amount of run, so he bought a brand
new model 8 x40' Baker windmill imagine new windmill $750. We came up with a steped up 12vt generator then 2 8D truck battereys two big flywheels running thru a sprag clutch. Couple inverters,
not big just for drills all lights were 12v bulbs or car seal beams. This size windmill will do around
15 hp. So thats a healthy generator. Anyways he came up with freebe wire enough for 220 100amp
and phone and pvc water and thats the way it was. Windmill still there. Sam

Great post. I love pictures of old work like this. Love the riveted steel look. Can't imagine what use the 10' wrench could be used for.

Jeff

Back