Old Wood Machinist Tool Chests

I was given this box 25 years ago . Its marked DD 63 inside the bottom right of the floor and measures 11x17x8. Looks like oak. The site is for earlier boxes if the 63 refers to the year. I love all wood tool boxes and use this one by my lathe every day.View attachment 284573View attachment 284574View attachment 284575
Any idea who made it?
Yes sir. That's a 1913 - 1918 Union Tool Chest Works, Style DD Case. The 63 was the chest component part number of that particular production run for DD cases. Sure looks in good shape. Have a good one.....Ted

You better dig out those unknowns and identify them by using the above URL or send me some pictures and I'll help. Good luck......Ted
But, but, If I dig them out I'll get distracted from the other items on the to-do list... :grin:

I may just do that to see if they are identifiable and such. Thanks.

toolboxted, Can't thank you enough for identifying this box. It was in such sad shape that it was tossed in for free with a group of items bought by my employer at a machinery dealer. It spoke to me so I put a lot of love into restoring the wood, and the shop foreman ran the corner reinforcements and finger pulls though the nickel plating line for me. Two keys on a ring stayed with it down through the years; go figure.

Back