Older Leblond Model 21

Robert, it provides a cam operation of the cross slide, giving the ability to do form reliefs as found on hobbs, taps, mill cutters, etc. Or internally as well. I believe the description is found on pages 5 and 6 of that PDF. I didn't have that attachment with mine. I'd probably have the lathe still if it was on it.

I
Anyone know how to turn off email notifications, lol I like this Place but I don't need an email for every response.

Deerslayer,

Go to the top of any Forum screen and hover your mouse pointer over your User ID. Without clicking, slide the pointer down in the dropdown that appears, and click on Preferences. While you are in your Profile area, look around. There may be other defaults that you would prefer to change as well.

Tony,

So "Draw In and Relieving" is all one attachment?

Yes, it's a special compound that has the ability to slide in and out per the shaft drive from the left that you see in the pic. It's not "heavy duty" per their notes, and the regular compound should be used unless you need to "draw in" or move the tool towards spindle centerline. You could use it to cut a semi Higbee cut, for example, in addition to relieving cutters. All depends on the cam profile you select.

Deerslayer,

Go to the top of any Forum screen and hover your mouse pointer over your User ID. Without clicking, slide the pointer down in the dropdown that appears, and click on Preferences. While you are in your Profile area, look around. There may be other defaults that you would prefer to change as well.

I did that yesterday.
Lol aparantly hitting save changes is kinda important.
Hopefully I got er now

Yes, it's a special compound that has the ability to slide in and out per the shaft drive from the left that you see in the pic. It's not "heavy duty" per their notes, and the regular compound should be used unless you need to "draw in" or move the tool towards spindle centerline. You could use it to cut a semi Higbee cut, for example, in addition to relieving cutters. All depends on the cam profile you select.

I am lost as to what ya all are referring to?

We, uh.......sorta got off track from your LeBlond. Forgive the hijack, please.

Ok got it in the shop today.
It's about all my 580 super L wanted to pick it up!! I guess 7000++

Pictures will be coming soon

image.jpeg

Back