One Size Fits All?

Odd duck! The best I could do was to find a Sealy price list - https://issuu.com/apachequadsbrochure/docs/sealeypricelistapache
Page 94-95 of the price list mentions the SM30024JC, but gives absolutely no size information.

It appears that Amazon has been opening its doors just a bit too far in its efforts to widen the marketplace. Several recent reports have addressed the problem of unsafe/banned/mislabeled products listed on the site. Some examples:
A good topic for another thread. ;)

Tom

Based on the weight of 3.2 lbs, I found several other brands of 3 inch, 4 jaw, plain back chucks that are about the same weight. The machine that uses this chuck is a Sealey SM3002_V2 7 x 12 lathe which has the chuck bolt directly to the spindle as if the spindle was the back plate.There is no back plate, you would have to make or modify one to adapt this chuck to your lathe.

The 5.2 dimensions are the shipping dimensions. A 5" chuck will be closer to 30 lbs.

This is as close as my google-fu could get.

It is on Amazon, you can always ask a question.

I agree, that's what my google fu is telling me too.

It's for the Sealey SM3002 300mm lathe which is a 7x12 mini lathe. 7x12s come with 80mm/3" chucks. If the photo & weight is accurate then it's an 80mm/3" chuck. Shipping weight according to LMS is just under 4lbs for the 3" chuck & the 4" chuck is closer to 7lbs.

In the real world, I'm off in a minute to look at a 4" 4J Gator from a local supplier. I hope I like it.

I've got an 8" D1-4 direct 4-jaw Gator that I got to replace the crappy China 4-jaw that came with my lathe. The Gator is made in China too but it's actually pretty nice. Direct copy of a Bison. I had planned to use the Gator 4-jaw until I found a good deal/afford a higher quality name brand chuck but I'm happy with it so I decided to keep it. It's the second Gator chuck I have owned. I ended up selling my other Gator chuck (3-jaw) but only cause I got a smoking deal for a Bison from my local MSC.

Back