One useless project

Aside from that, one lesson that I learned early on is unless you are dead certain that your design will work, don't invest the time in making everything neat and pretty. Run it through its paces and when you are satisfied that it works, then pretty it up

Yes. I spent my formative years at Hewlett Packard, and in many ways what made HP so successful early on was Dave Packard's philosophy about reliability. He said "the only way to make a reliable product is to build it, break it, fix what broke and repeat". Or words to that effect.

Also, along with your comment, RJ, there was another saying that guided our R&D. It was "early dirty vs. late great".

Thanx guys, well I need to say I enjoy in make them, I spent time and money made it in dimensions what I needed to be compact and that I can put in in confined space. Well, compressor is broken and thrown away because it is not work reliably.
I take old oil from it and put new one in(oil designed for air compressors), made air/oil separator for clean air, make opening for put oil in compressor and so on... And I buy new silent compressor( it is not so silent, but it is quiet than classic compressors), I am not satisfied how it works, so my intention is to disconnect HP air tube and put there air /oil separator.

Back