Online and Speedy Metals

ddickey

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
1513916861669.png

Check out these price differences between Online Metals and Speedy Metals.
1513916903156.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been there a few times. Seems to be a decent place.

I've been there a few times. Seems to be a decent place.
The only problem I've had is some 1/4" 304 flat bar that they substituted with slit material - other than that its been pretty good.

I've used Speedy for some time. It is usually less expensive even with shipping than buying from the local machine shop. The only local steel supplier will only sell in mill lengths (20' or whatever) so for short pieces it is buy from the big machine shop or online.

The Speedy Metals is the one on top. Online Metals below. Three times more expensive for same materials.

Interesting. I priced an order yesterday on both sites for about $85 worth of steel round and flat plus a little brass. Speedy was about $3 more, but their shipping was $5 less. I had a 20% off coupon at Online, so they got the order. Ordered yesterday afternoon, shipped today, delivery notice for tomorrow.
Other times I've checked they've usually been comparable.
Just checked my email to make sure I had the dates right and saw an email from Speedy offering 5% off.

Shipping always kills the deal for me, except for exotic materials and tubing which I cannot get locally. Priced a36 1" plate, 12x12 from each, speedy was cheaper by a bit over 1/2, but add 36.00 to ship plus 5.00 for the honor of ordering thru them (speedy metals). I'll get it myself locally for less than that. I feel for people that have to buy online.
I'very gotten some things off ebay, shipping is sometimes included.

Checkout www.hobbymetalkits.com their website shows 6" & 12" lengths , but dropping them an email asking for longer pieces or items not listed is no problem. They're located in Wisconsin & offer reasonable flat rate shipping.
I'm not affiliated, just a satisfied customer.

Back