Online metal supply

Usually around the major holidays OnlineMetals has 20% or 25% off the material part of your order which usually negates the shipping charges. Enco is another place you can get free shipping.

I use Online Metals all the time. My local guys don't always have the stuff I'm looking for. They have a great website, shipping is fast and I get what I need. I'm very satisfied.

I use Speedy Metals always. I started using them and never saw a need to change.
http://www.speedymetals.com/

If you need a specific alloy, stick with the metal suppliers. If you just need some stock, go for ebay. I got a box load of "4140" 2" round stock drops from ebay at a great deal once upon a time. When it came time to use it as 4140, it failed horribly.

Just because they are on ebay makes them no less the metal supply. 2 of them links is a comp called onlinemetalsupply, one is midwesterenmetalsupply, one is a industrial supply and one is just a guys store that is for metal work. The folks I use my self pretty often is shapiro metal supply on ebay. Arlo is also on ebay as are many other "real" metal suppliers.

I have purchased from Online Metal Supply, the prices seemed OK, but I thought the shipping was a bit high. I also use Metal Supermarkets, they have a Portland branch, a little bit high priced, but they will cut a 1 inch piece off of a bar for you.

I guess I'm lucky, in Portland we have several stocking metal suppliers, one of them is pretty much devoted to tool steels, and there are a number of other vendors for specialty metals and non-ferrous, most of them have a drop box to scrounge through. We also have a couple of suppliers the cater to the small piece buyer they both sell new stock and surplus drops. Most of them will deliver for free with a $200 minimum order.

I buy from online metals all the time. Great service, watch for discounts. Enco also has some deals on aluminum, especially when they offer a discount and free shipping. Locally metal supermarket has few options other than A36 and ridiculously high prices even on drops.

Dave

I have bought from Online Metals several times. I just make sure I roder enough to spread the freight charge around a bit. That way it doesn't hurt quite so bad to see potential material money spent on freight.

Bob

Back