• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

Opinions on Wilton horizontal band saw?

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

T. J.

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
There is a Wilton horizontal band saw for sale locally that I'm interested in. Seller is asking $225. It's a model 3130T with a 5 x 8" capacity. Does anyone have any experience with these - good or bad?

4GSR

Iron
Former Member
I had an older Wilton 7 x 12 band saw for over twenty years. Cut a lot of material on that saw before I sold it.
I wonder if it is one of the newer one made in Asia?
I have a Grizzly 4 x 6 bandsaw that took the place of the Wilton I had. Still going strong for the cutting I do today. Even modified the saw to cut 7" round, too.

T. J.

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
This one had sold before I got to it. Guess I'll keep looking!

silence dogood

Active User
I bought a used Wilton 3061 about three years ago. It must be 50years old. Just replaced the blade, It uses a 52 1/2 " So it must be a 3x5. Cuts beautifully and squared. Too bad, some one bought the one that you looked at. There's no way that I'm selling mine.

[6]
[5] [7]