Opposite grinder rotation

I've never run into a 3 phase motor that wouldn't change directions just by swapping one of the two leads.

You're right. "3 phase " just stuck with me when I read T2 and T3.

Would it be physically possible to rotate the motor 180 degrees so the wheel on the other side of the motor?
Then it would rotate as you would like and no need to reverse the motor electrics.

Be carful! It could it be that the grinder was dissembled at some point and put back together backwards. That is to say, the guards & base facing the wrong way. I recently restored a bench grinder and realized that was a possible error. You can determine if the motor rotation is correct by checking which way the shaft nuts are threaded, if the nuts will tighten by holding them and turning the shaft in the direction it is now rotating, the rotation is correct. If you reverse the motor the nuts would want to loosen, possibly creating a dangerous condition.

Well.... this morning I noticed that the left hand wheel(looking at from the front) is a right hand thread, its usually the right wheel that has the right hand thread, so the rotation is correct for the shaft in this position. I don't want to rebuild it, will just continue to use it from the back side, or maybe drill a hole in the base and mount the switch on the other side(i'll post a pic if I do it), so now the back is the front:cheerful:. The guards are not a problem, it didnt come with them and I'm using it for wire wheels only.

Thanks again for all the help, Brian

Sounds like someone took the rotor out and re-installed it wrong. Anyhow, forewarned is forearmed. Ciao.
Mark

just change the two wires marked A and B in the schematic above.

Back