Orange Citrix Juicer

cweber

Active User
Registered
Hello, I'm looking for ideas please?

I would like to make my own manually operated (cold press) household orange juice extractor.

Ideally, it would be good to keep the pulp in the juice if possible to retain the nutrients, but I don't know how yet.

First thoughts were that the unit requires a goblet and a manually operated mechanical unit. The manually operated mechanical unit might require some type of gears and even bearings, perhaps including multiple shafts for strength. I used to own one once and the flex on the single stem was too much for the geared column.

I have attached a couple of images from Google, of the type of thing I mean.

Orange Citrix Juicer 3.jpgOrange Citrix Juicer 1.jpgOrange Citrix Juicer 2.jpg

Orange Citrix Juicer 1.jpg Orange Citrix Juicer 2.jpg Orange Citrix Juicer 3.jpg

Are you looking for design ideas based on aesthetics or best function? Do you want something supper cool or supper efficient? What are your parameters?

Jeff

Are you looking for design ideas based on aesthetics or best function? Do you want something supper cool or supper efficient? What are your parameters?
Jeff

Hi Jeff, I was looking for ideas on both, but mostly function and durability.
For example these presses visualize a sturdier design than the commercial juicers.Press Ideas.PNG

Press Ideas.PNG

I've decided to go with an aesthetically pleasing version of the arbor press look. I want the strength too and I can work with this type of design.

I will draw up some plans on CAD and post the here once done. It might take me a while as I have a lot on and am focusing on getting my mill at the moment :)

Colin

I think I would just get the HPM-50. Simple, versatile juicer.

I think I would just get the HPM-50. Simple, versatile juicer.

A Meat Tenderizer Mallet also works reasonably well :))

The original idea was to create something just because I can, and while at it - to make it aesthetically interesting. Unfortunately, I have so many things on the go it isn't a high priority at the moment.

A Meat Tenderizer Mallet also works reasonably well :))

The original idea was to create something just because I can, and while at it - to make it aesthetically interesting. Unfortunately, I have so many things on the go it isn't a high priority at the moment.

did you consider a small version of a cider mill/apple press

Back