Ordered a Jet 414500 horizontal band saw today

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
Every metal working shop needs a band saw. I already have an industrial 6x12 horizontal saw but I was missing the ease of intricate cutting in a horizontal saw. Jet seems to be a good brand, the reviews are decent. The 414500 is a good versatile fit for me.
It comes with 5 slow SFPM feeds for metal and a high speed for wood applications.
I purchased it from MJB welding supply in Yuba City ca. Latigo gave me a great price.
I am getting close to having a well equipped shop.
My dream is coming true.
Pics to follow

Agreed, a vertical bandsaw is a great machine to have on hand. I recently converted a wood bandsaw to metal cutting and now use it as often, if not more then my horizontal. Even for straight cuts, especially on short pieces, it is easier to use. Looking forward to seeing pics of your shop!

That would be a vertical saw, I have a VS converted band filer made by Doall , works good with the rite blade
The jet should be a good one after the setup, tweeking

552C7732-8465-404F-B885-0F5468E1500D.jpeg

33F1ED55-1D8D-4DBC-BD8C-E43A621B41A5.jpeg

Sweet Doall!!!!!
All I need is a Jet Horizontal. The bottom two pics are my old Marvel 612. I replaced the guide bearings, installed a new needle valve and replaced the blade with a Starret 3/4".
I'm getting there. The tool box on my maple top is full of tooling. That's where the big money is. The overflow is in the shelving unit above the other bench. A welding table is on the way also-certiflat 24" x 36".
The free standing grinder/buffer is my new project. It's getting welded and painted with my new to me steady rest.

IMG_0493.JPG

IMG_0494.JPG

IMG_0495.JPG

IMG_0496.JPG

IMG_0497.JPG

IMG_0510.JPG

IMG_0519.JPG

540x360.jpg

Nice shop ,Dose the jet “ vertical “ saw have roller guides or solid
I think you mean a vertical saw , you already have a horizontal “ jet 414500 vertical band saw”

Yeah you are correct-vertical. Regarding roller or solid? I'm not sure.
I will find out soon enough. What would be better in your opinion?
I wish I could go to a showroom somewhere and look, see, compare machines but those days are over I guess.
The exception is Grizzly, the next time I am in Washington I will swing by. You then have Grizzly choices.

I’m running solids on the Doall but it is for metal only, was told solid for metal,, bearings for wood, makes sense

It is such a nasty area for bearings. Coolant/oil with chips and small bits of metal swarf. If the bearings are not completely sealed they shouldn't last long. I put new bearings on my horizontal saw and I am wondering how long they will last. I switched to wax. Cleaner IMHO.

I've always used wax in my vertical bandsaw. \works well, and no mess...:tranquility:

I have the variable speed version of that bandsaw and like it a lot. I used to use a converted wood saw which was an ok solution but the VS saw has more torque. I haven't been able to stall it yet. You'll love it I bet.

Back