Ordered a PM-935TV This Week

I finally finished my mobile base. There was a big delay on painting it. I originally planned to use Sherwin-Williams high solids industrial equipment paint. However, it is not sold in California. The company sent me to one of their industrial stores as if it was sold here and the guy working at the store determined it did not pass the VOC laws. Only the US government can buy it here on a waiver. I finally went with Valspar Tractor paint from Amazon. It seems other folks are now using this for machinery. However, UPS emptied the cans before it arrived. The second batch arrived with lids attached and heavily dented. I never would have thought getting decent paint would be so hard.

I mixed both the primer and top coat with acetone solvent and the hardener using a 8:2:1 ratio. The primer tack dried within an hour and was suitable for the top coat the next day. I let the paint cure outside for a week in 90 degree weather for a week before adding the wheels. The paint feels dry but is not abrasion resistant yet. I can still cut into the paint on the over spray areas with my finger nail.

Pictures of the assembled base below:
View attachment 089A1039.JPGView attachment 089A1040.JPGView attachment 089A1041.JPG

Hopefully, I get my mill soon to try it out. I am current on week 12 of the 8-11 week lead time. My unit was supposed to be in the next shipment. Matt must be really booked. I emailed him several times over the past month trying to add a DRO and some power fees to my order. He acknowledged getting my email over the phone was was planning on giving me an updated quote but nothing so far. Given the number of machines being received by forum member recently, he must be flooded with new shipments arriving at his shop. I suspect my mill will be ready in June sometime. Time to start collecting tooling!

Nice work on the base.

I too and waiting on my 935TV. Matt told me he was hoping to see my 1340GT about the second week of May and the 935 would be a week or two after that. I hope to see my machines in the next couple of weeks myself.

The 935 looks like a great machine and Matt told me they were every bit as nice as the Sharp mills and nicer than the Jet 836. I have a friend who has the Jet 836 and it is a nice machine so I am way excited to see the 935.

Mike.

Has anyone removed the collet pin in their 935? Since there is no manual I was going to go by the Bridgeport manual but they are not the same. I know the collar is left hand thread, I made a tool to fit the pins but haven't cranked on it yet. I don't know about set screw on the quill. Does it have anything to do with this procedure? Any info would be helpful.

Thanks,
Rick

Has anyone removed the collet pin in their 935? Since there is no manual I was going to go by the Bridgeport manual but they are not the same. I know the collar is left hand thread, I made a tool to fit the pins but haven't cranked on it yet. I don't know about set screw on the quill. Does it have anything to do with this procedure? Any info would be helpful.

Thanks,
Rick

Do not remove that collar until you back out the set screw on the back side of the quill or you'll wreck the threads. Trust me. I'm not sure how it's best reassembled, but when the collar's set screw is too tight, the quill doesn't properly retract. When the collar is too tight, the spindle doesn't turn as freely as it should.

I left the pin in place, but backed it out a bit because it was obstructing the collets. The pin itself is threaded, but there is also a second grub screw to lock it in place. I believe they are metric fasteners.

-Ryan

Thanks that is what I needed. Yea, I can't get a single tool holder installed because the pin is sticking out so far.

Rick

Well all went well. Thanks

Now if I can get my Easson 12 replacement from Matt I will be cooking with gas.

I ordered it with the mill but he got a bad batch of them. I am waiting on the replacement. I think some had bad screens and some would just power off after a few minutes. Luckily he caught them before shipping.

I assume they are repairing the broken DRO since this happened in mid February and I am still without it.

Rick

Last edited:
I was looking at adding LED lighting in the area of my mill when it arrives. I did not want to use halogen due to the heat and was looking at alternatives. I see some folks have done angel eye setups but will need to see the mill before getting into that. Another alternative I am considering is the LED flood lights sold on Ebay. I have real good luck with these with my son's batting cage. We are currently using nine 50W units that light the 55'x14' area bright as daylight. Using this approaching will require a custom stand since the lights are heavy. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I need to kill some time with this project until my mill ships. I am currently on week 23 of my wait and hope it ships before summer is over.

Back