Ordered an 835

Batmanacw

Registered
Registered
I ordered a PM835 with DRO and Align X power feed that I'll install myself.

I already have a ton of tooling and a nice 6" Kurt vise for it. Brand new R8 collets.

I better run to home depot to buy some more 12-3 with ground to run it. I don't know if it comes with a plug but I'll want one to disconnect for safety.

Does it come with leveling feet?

When I ordered mine I also ordered four of the yellow leveling pads. Received mine last year and happy with it as I learn my way along:). One issue that I just noticed is that both my inner and outer t-bolt channels are not the same as the inner one. Never noticed until this week, had mounted the vise when first received using only the inner channel. Just sent a message to PM a couple of days ago but have not heard back yet.

When I ordered mine I also ordered four of the yellow leveling pads. Received mine last year and happy with it as I learn my way along:). One issue that I just noticed is that both my inner and outer t-bolt channels are not the same as the inner one. Never noticed until this week, had mounted the vise when first received using only the inner channel. Just sent a message to PM a couple of days ago but have not heard back yet.

I asked PM about leveling pads and they told me this base wouldn't work with them. They said there was just a narrow lip around the bottom of the casting.

I'm laying out where it will go. I'll be enclosing 12' x 20' once I have the money. Lumber is stupid expensive now. I'll probably just do a bit at a time.

I got the shipping notification. I hope to be able to schedule it for next Thursday or Friday.

I'm a bit miffed with PM. I paid extra for lift gate service but the trucking company said they cannot deliver it that way. They also said they cannot use a pallet jack to move it. I had to scramble to get a forklift arranged from a local Amish sawmill. Once I get it in the garage I will have to move it without a pallet jack. I'm going to go get pipes from my friends house to use as rollers.

I'm a bit miffed with PM. I paid extra for lift gate service but the trucking company said they cannot deliver it that way. They also said they cannot use a pallet jack to move it. I had to scramble to get a forklift arranged from a local Amish sawmill. Once I get it in the garage I will have to move it without a pallet jack. I'm going to go get pipes from my friends house to use as rollers.

That's on the shipping company, not PM. The shipping company that delivered my PM935TS used a lift gate and a motorized pallet jack to move it into my garage. And the 935 weighs more.

It was a bear to move by myself. I got the Amish company to bring their loader with forks over and get it into the garage. I had him stay a few minutes while I tore the crate apart in just a few minutes. Then I had him lift the mill by the eye bolt so I could get the mill off the pallet. Then he was gone. I lifted it with my engine hoist and muscled it to its current resting place.

Lacquer thinner took the nasty goop off the table. Rags and wd40 cleaned up the ways.

Today I brought over my Kurt vise and cleaned it up.

Tramming in the head was a learning experience. I found out you cannot leave pressure on the adjusters before you snug everything down or things go wonky. I finally go it with 0.0002" in an 8" circle.

My vise has some issues so I think I'll tear it down tomorrow and clean everything. No harm in that. I know its accurate because I checked everything with a dial indicator, but it won't hurt to be clean and stoned.

The instruction manual has dimensions for the T slots that were a complete fabrication. I made 6 T nuts to spec and had to cut them smaller to fit. The slots are 14mm. They got the steps wrong entirely.

I made some very promising cuts with a fly cutter this evening. 1150 rpm with a 3/8" tool with a DCMT insert.

20201031_205904.jpg

20201030_130053.jpg

I used the mill for the first time on a project. I drilled the spare spindle adapter plate for my PM1030 after I modded it for a set tru er40 collet chuck I bought from Shars. The bolt hole pattern dro function was spot on. It is such a massive improvement over my old mill/drill. So much time saved and great versatility.

Back