Ordered Eisen 1236GT

jgaultus

Registered
Registered
Hello. This is my first post after joining very recently. I initially joined the site to seek others that shared in my seemingly unique problem/condition. The symptoms included loss of sleep, annoying the wife with "lathe & machine speak", the 1000 yard stare and other various issues. This finally culminated with a bout of "feature creep" pushing my budget to a straining point. I then realized I had a problem and joined the site. I was beyond relieved to see that others too share in my condition or syndrome.
After a brief moment of clarity and definition of my long/short term goals, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered an Eisen 1236GH in 3-Phase. The amount of research that I have performed has been exhausting across all models, marketing-facturers, speeds, feeds and then some. The included features such as DRO, taper attachment, stand, 3-phase, free shipping and on sale for < $6k pushed me over the edge...and I ordered it.
In any case, thank you all for sharing your stories of struggle & triumph, ultimately helping me through this rough period.

Welcome to the forum, jgaultus! That is a nice looking lathe, with all the good stuff on it. Sadly, the machine is only the beginning and I'm afraid we will try to feed your "condition" at every opportunity. For instance, have you heard of a quick change tool post? Well, see, there is this brand called Aloris ...

Welcome to the forum, jgaultus! That is a nice looking lathe, with all the good stuff on it. Sadly, the machine is only the beginning and I'm afraid we will try to feed your "condition" at every opportunity. For instance, have you heard of a quick change tool post? Well, see, there is this brand called Aloris ...
Thanks Mikey. Oh yes, Its a slippery slope but the satisfaction of making something that others can only buy, is like no other.
Luckily I have a quick change already that I'm stealing off of a soon to be retired Craftsman/Atlas.

Welcome the forum. Looks like you will be able to have lots of fun and diversion from everyday life with that.

Congrats! Nice lathe. I have an Eisen lathe as well. I know mine came from the same factory as yours and have had no trouble at all. Super happy and Eisen went above and beyond for me. I ll be going back for sure!

Congrats! Nice lathe. I have an Eisen lathe as well. I know mine came from the same factory as yours and have had no trouble at all. Super happy and Eisen went above and beyond for me. I ll be going back for sure!
Thank you. So far I've been pleased with the transaction. I spent over an hour talking to the gentleman at Eisen who was very helpful and honest. The company is in process staging the lathe and putting it through its paces to verify working integrity before it ships. I don't know if this is common but I was impressed- this certainly beats the alternative of me having to make sure everything works properly.

I was in conversation over six months regarding four machines from Eisen. They had an answer for every single question I asked. Full of knowledge. Not only did they know the machine they were selling but there competitors and even gave praise where credit was due. They had a return on a lathe that was out of my league. I Was interested and they went through every gear and feed and let me know they weren t happy with one rpm setting. Had a slight noise. After thiniking about that lathe I eneded up talking to them about a new one. Agreed on a purchase price and then it came to shipping. They would not send it with any carrier and had to pay a premium as i live in Canada on the east coast but have a shipping address in Maine. The quote was over sixteen hundred dollars for shipping. Knew is was crazy so they asked me if I would pay six hundred and they would pay the rest. I Was in complete awe of just how well I was being treated. I even went as so far to offer to put some extra money in my purchase so the salesman and the owner could go out for dinner on me. They Would not let me do this. I can honestly say I can t remeber ever being treated this well as a customer. The patience knowledge and professionalism was top shelf. Great machine! Solid one pc. Cast bed. Nine inch bed ways 5hp. 50 to 2000 rpm and a great selection of threads to cut. Smooth and solid! Once the seed was planted i had to have it. Put me in debt and still havent caught up but man I love it!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
That's quite a testimonial, Mark. Have heard of Eisen but didn't know anything about the company. Its good to know it is run by good people and that you're happy with one of their machines. This is how reputations are built, one satisfied customer at a time.

These two machine as well as the pm 1340gt all come out of the same factory in Taiwan. Liang Di if i recall is there factory name.

Welcome,
Yes, a slippery slope.
I bought a South Bend Lathe last fall.
Since then, I have acquired new and used tools/tooling in excess of $25K.
It's only money, you can always make more :)
Having the time of my life!
Congratulations on your new lathe, that is an awesome machine!

Back