Ordering from C$&2@&A etc..

ELHEAD

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
i would like to hear from those who have ordered from China or other foreign countries.
Good or bad.
Thanks, Dave

I recently ordered a 5” 4 jaw independent Vertex chuck from Rotagrip in the UK. I wanted to try a Vertex but couldn’t find one in the States. Long story short, it was held up in U.S. customs, apparently they couldn’t tell what it was by x-ray, didn’t open it to look, and sent it back to Rotagrip. Your tax dollars at work. The folks at Rotagrip were great to deal with though, and gave me a full refund.

Tom

I've had the same trouble, order one item and get another. I don't buy from China anymore.

"Billy G"

I have only ordered small things like automatic oilers, LED lights etc. They can take anywhere from a couple weeks to a month to arrive. Quality is as you would expect, but not terrible. Shipping was free. Once my product never arrived by the date they estimated, I emailed to ask. They credited my card right away. About two weeks later it showed up. I emailed back to pay and they said not to worry for my trouble.
I like to buy Canadian and American, but its not always in the budget.
Cheers Martin

I’ve had about 50-60 orders from Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan and China, all machine tool or computer related parts, never had an issue, except for a few minor shipping delays, but everything was said it was and all of it very usable.

With the shipping times up to 2 weeks, not a source for immediately needed stuff, but if I have the time, I have no fears about ordering directly.

Everything I ordered from china came in as ordered. Some stuff does take longer for shipping than others. I have received a few things in a matter of 2 weeks and others take a month.

Order regularly for specific items. Very seldom had a problem.
When there was an issue, I sort of knew ahead of time that you really cannot get that for this much.
Any time I have been unsatisfied, an email has gotten a full refund.

Quite a few Chinese sellers now stock their items in the US, most in Cal. Those are the only dealers I buy from, and not much I might add. With Trump adding tariffs to China next week (supposedly) prices are bound to go up on those supposed "deals"

You get what you get. Free shipping slow Boat from China sometimes.Example :2 Bearings yeterday, China $4.95 plus $10.50 shipping total $15.45 for next day,local family run store $19.00 next day pickup. Buy local,help your neighbor.

Back