Ordering from C$&2@&A etc..

If I am in the market for Chinese tool or tooling especially carbide inserts I look on Aliexpress and banggood before I go to Amazon or ebay, save a boatload of money every year. If I want a quick tool, I go USA seller but for stuff I don't need for a few weeks, no problem I go with ali and bang.

I've ordered a few different things all machinist related all off eBay from china only had problem with one pair of endmills I got the guy listed them as 1/2 inch but they were really 12 mm which I had to explain to him wasn't the same thing since I didn't have a 12 mm collet so he just refunded me back half for the problem and I just bought a collet

I've dealt on eBay many times on orders from China , only a couple times have I ever had a problem ,,, lost or non shipped item mostly, . But most everything sold here comes from there anyway. Kind of hard to really buy American.

I buy tools from Chinese sellers monthly, no issues. I have a few Shars items. Banggood is slow IMO. Usually takes at least 2 weeks, Gearbest is about the same. I've used Fastech too for knives and flashlights. I just ordered a smart lion battery charger off eBay via China and got it in a week. eBay has been cheap and reliable so far, center drills and end mills come in about 12 days, no issues. Those 30 led sowing machine lights are nice in the shop, I have 4 of them. I think they were around $4 each shipped from China. PayPal is good about international sales, I haven't lost anything as a buyer. As a seller I've been cheated a few times. If the seller offers a PayPal payment option its probably legit. PayPal offers buyer protection for like 140 days now, if it never shows up you will get a refund. I don't like those Chinese web sites without PayPal or some kind of payment I'm familiar with.

Probably 50% of my shop stuff is Chinese anyway, I haven't seen a lion battery or even a car battery charger from the US. Its all imported from what I've seen. I do prefer American drill bits, I have experianced the chinese drill bit sets. None of mine were great, my chinese cobalt 1/2" bit is not .500. But, they do alright unless you need precision fractional inch size bits. My most used drill bits are American made, the difference is substantial and so is the price. :)

Last edited:
Back