ORGANIZATION + GRINDER PEDISTAL

Thanks Mopar, it was the picture you posted that i was asking about.

Was it made specifically for the grinder you own or is it more a universal fit?

Sorry i see you say it fits most 8" grinders....i missed that the first glance through! Is the larger sanding disc part of the attachment or is that just how you chose to set your's up?

Looks a lot like a Multitool. I attached one of these to a 6" grinder, works great. Still need to make a toolrest for it.
I concur. It's a MultiTool without the guard. I have had one since they came out in the 90's. Mine was a unit put out by Jet I guess when the MultiTool came out. I happened into the welding shop as they were closing them out and I got the brand new floor model for $125 complete with 6" grinder. It's been a workhorse. It also an interesting design in that it tracks the belt by rotating the takeup roller. Also has a very nice locking mechanism to change the belt. I rarely use the beltsander so leave it off until I need it. It take less than 10sec to install the belt and track.

I used to have a 18 wheeler rim based stand but it was too limited and hard to move so I went with an old 3drawer rollaway I had and made it into a workstation with drill press, 2 grinders, and the backside hangs my 4" angle grinder, and drill press vises. The drawers are for miscellaneous nuts, bolts and washers. Tooling for the grinders and DP. I've since replaced the 8" grinder with a 6" tool grinder like the one on BROCKWOOD's bench. I love having drawers under every machine to hold related tooling.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back