OT anyone know anything about battery chargers ???

U

umahunter

Forum Guest
Register Today
Ok my battery charger died so I borrowed my neighbors it's a Schumacher SE 1520 and it has no output when testing the cables in any function I can't seem to find a reset or breaker anywhere on the outside is was wondering if anyone has opened one up and repaired one wondering if it could be an internal fuse or something or if it's not even worth messing with I have electrical knowledge and am fully capable of taking it apart etc and frankly got plenty of time just never done it and was wondering if some of the knowledgeable folks on here had an opinion 20180219_183816.jpg

Probably a fuse or bad connection- there are usually 2 large rectifier diodes and a transformer in there so they are fairly simple in design. Open it up and we'll school you LOL
There might be some kind of resettable circuit breaker in there that might have broken it's last break- are you getting any humming at all when you turn it on?
Mark

Last edited:
I have hear that some chargers have no output when there is no input (fully dead battery) try it on a battery that is not dead.

I was told that by the business selling them, I do not know why it may be so.

I checked it on a battery that still has juice and nothing it also isn't humming or whistling or anything like that just has zero output

Backs hurting a bit today since we've had a weather change so I probably won't get into it today but I'll post back up once it open it up

Most of that general style have a circuit breaker to protect internals.

Our associated had one just under top cover.

The circuit breaker is the finest quality you can get for 25 cents...

Look for the easiest cover to remove then follow the battery cables and there should be a breaker or maybe a fuse usually right where the wire is connected.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Attach a welding rod to one cable and see if it will strike an arc.:eek:

Oh, you don't have to use "OT" over here on H-M. Thought you might like to know. But we won't stop you from using it.

Back