(OT) Before there were computers...we did it by hand

Blogwitch

Registered
Registered
W,

I was in those days as well, but in the 80's, I found I was in a job where I needed to know about such things, so basically had to teach myself (lots of brain cells then).

Unfortunately, I sort of stayed in a time warp after the turn of this century, and have only just learned enough (with great difficulty) to keep my head above water, and for me, now I am down to my last two brain cells, it is definitely too late to catch up.

BTW, if you have no hair between your eyebrows and the back of your head, you are not going bald, you just have an exceptionally high forehead ``

John

I am strictly 1940's technology!! That is an interesting model you are working on. What is it?

I tell people the baldness is created by all the brain activity. those that have hair are just not using their heads enough.

Could you buy all those scale pipe fittings,or did you have to make them?

The big difference I have noticed is the MATH. Between the CAD programs and just a DRO on your machine, there are no more excuses. The technology has made the job so much easier. I can now make a weeks worth of mistakes in one day!

author=cyrusb link=topic=3573.msg26039#msg26039 date=1316118347
The big difference I have noticed is the MATH. Between the CAD programs and just a DRO on your machine, there are no more excuses. The technology has made the job so much easier. I can now make a weeks worth of mistakes in one day!

"I can now make a weeks worth of mistakes in one day!" ``

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Back