OT ......have you ever just needed to get a break ?

Another symptom of achieving that state is that you cannot remember any track of time.
The saying was "The Lord does not subtract from a man's life those hours spent in fishing"!

When I head up nort, I have to set an alarm to remind me to come back home.

With the covid I seem to have a bad case of Lackofupnortitis.

With the exception of five fishing day trips, I haven't been off the property for more than 2 hours in the past 6 months. I am fortunate to be retired and have 12 acres to roam in if I get cabin fever so I don't miss the outside world that much.

But with the weather cooling down, I plan on getting some fishing in in the next two months; once a week and more if possible. Being alone in a boat (or in the deep woods) is about as safe as you can get.

Right now, I would love to just head out somewhere, and do something different for a bit. I fully understand the need for a break from the routines of life.

Wear your mask in public, hand wash, and sanitize, have wipes for public surfaces. The young survive, it really screws with our age group. I have not seen, but I'm waiting for findings of long term lung issues with the survivor groups. TBD

Dave,
On your death bed, you won't say, "I wish I had just worked more hours".

I have not seen, but I'm waiting for findings of long term lung issues with the survivor groups. TBD
My wife's orthopedic surgeon said, "this one scares me, it's an unknown".

There is a reason (UK statistics) why the pestilence is now predominantly happening in under 42's, with nearly all new infections now in the group under 55. The older folk that are not among those having have either survived a bout, or died, are hiding out in a self-imposed isolation, regardless of local lockdown policy. The newly infected out there are the relatively young.

@Superburban : Plan an escape to see something else around you, try for rural. Let anyone with you be known to be safe for you.

I envy @RJSakowski in the getting away fishing, but my style of fishing was off beaches (Africa) using 90lb line and a 3-hook spinner. I may never get to do that again :(

Back