OT Pets in the shop w/pics

Mike & Walter,
Thanks for kind words guys, greatly appreciated Furry critters bring a lot of happiness, I tend to think on them as Gods people with tails

Dan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Guys

Great pics of all the pets you guys have posted.
You guys have some really awesum looking animals there.

I gotta say, that pic of Knudsons dog, the second pic. For the cutest pic, Thats the winner. That facial expression is priceless!

Back to the start of the original post
I think I have found a solution to my boxer not wanting to wear safety glasses in the shop. I was in Petsmart last week.
They sell these goggles that are tinted, and have a strap to hold them on his melon. I thought hey, these might work. They are the kind that look like what the airmen used back in war time. Anyway, I strapped these things on him, and went for a walk about the store.

He seems to like the tint, and wears them for about 15 min at a time. So, Im going to go back, and see if he will wear them again, and maybe longer. If he does, I think Ill pull the trigger and buy them. He has to have atleast eye protection around the lathe and mill.. Ive given up on him wearing the skull cap like my pit bull did. But he has those floppy ears that keep them covered anyway.

If I do buy these goggles for the boxer Norton, Ill post a few pics, looks pretty comical!

Paul 8)

I keep my dogs out of the shop when I'm cutting metal so they don't mix it up with the swarf and get injured, but once I've swept the floors and I'm doing other work or setting things up Samantha and Phillip will come and join me; every shop needs a couple of lathe dogs.[attachimg=1]

Here they are after examining the Pratt & Whitney Model B after arrival in the shop and before removing 50 years of grime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back