OT- Violent weather, tornados we're experiencing in the US!

HMF

Site Founder
Administrator
Hey Guys,

What's up with the weather lately? People killed down south by monster tornados, horrible flooding, storms.

We got a tornado warning for upstate NY today. I'm looking outside the window at dark, black clouds swirling all over the place.

What is happening in your neck of the woods today?
Is everyone ok?

Best,

Nelson

Nothing today. We got our share in MO last Friday. Luckily I was sandwiched in between the 2 tornadoes that swept through here. Lambert International Airport took a direct hit from the northern EF-4 storm. Lot of homes and businesses taken as well. Its been raining every day for a week now, so we are currently dealing with the flooding now as well.

Something is afoot....

We dodged the bullet again, They were north of here, Over 190 people killed here in AL. Don't know whats up with the weather! They said it was about this bad in 1970 so who knows.

Paul

We had tornado-looking clouds here in NYC today, the sky became black, and it poured. Supposedly the remnants of the system that hit down south. My heart goes out to those people- I saw the pictures on tv this morning, and it looked like a holocaust down there.

Best,

Nelson

All quiet here today, just cool 64 deg. while 80's the last couple of days and some rain, the big stuff just about 1 hour away here in SWPA. Tornado's at the beginning of april about an hour away wiped out a whole street. Been luckey here just some rain.
Paul

Notice my avatar?
It's strange here in tornado alley not much is happening. It may snow sometime this week end according to the weather man?
We usually have back to back large storms in the spring, tornado watches almost every evening, not this year? Beats me what going on maybe there's a climate change in progress? Some say it's the end of times, that's been said forever.
I haven't been flying or riding the Harley lately due to some bulging discs in my neck, hurts like crazy even the medications for pain are not stopping it.
Once I do get healed up, the weather will go back to normal. Every time I pulled the bike out to ride the storms clouds would build. I pulled the bike out one evening all shined up to go for a ride with my wife, it started to rain, out of clear skies, I walked around the house to see just what was going on, the house blocked my view to the west, there was one small cloud to the west, it was whizzing on us. I can't win. Same thing if I pull the plane out of the hanger. Storm clouds appear out of the blue,not even in the forecast?
You know it's going to be an interesting day when the TIV vehicle is setting on the edge of town as it often does. I haven't seen it yet this year?
April showers bring May super cells. Hang on tight Toto!
The people who have had their homes destroyed and lives lost due to these nasty storms, our hearts and prayers go out to you.

289 people killed here in Alabama and they expect to find more. All told 340 killed in 7 States.

Paul

Those were some really bad tornadoes which I think those were F-5's the worse, one hit Pampa in 1995 in a video of that storm there is a truck that is way up in the air flying around. I think there is even a tractor trailer up a couple of hundred feet whizzing around as well.
The only safe place is under ground. We don't have an under ground shelter so I hope we don't get hit. Our only place is to climb into the bath tub to avoid the flying missiles.

Back