OT - We're Back....

MrWhoopee

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
We made it as far south as Sagehen Campground (just north of Truckee). The smoke went from bad to really bad at Quincy Sunday but got a little better as we continued south. All of the easily accessible campgrounds were full, of course. Four miles of very rough logging road got us to Sagehen, a nice little spot and only about half full. Monday morning a ranger came through and advised us that the western regional director (head mucky-muck) for the USFS freaked out after the Creek Fire evacuations and ordered all forest service campgrounds, etc. closed. The ranger assured us that no one would be checking for at least another day (wink-wink), so we stayed that night and packed up Tuesday. When we got cell service on the drive out, our daughter told us that PG&E had shut off the power at 9 Monday night due to strong wind event. Good thing we got home when we did, the freezer was just hitting 32 °. Power is due to come back by 9 tonight. I'm busy juggling generators, power and water needs, trying to keep all the balls in the air. Frontier put a generator in place which keeps our internet up, but they don't fuel it often enough so the neighbors and I keep it running.

Plagues, fires and floods, it couldn't get much more Biblical, we even have the frogs.

No fires in our area, praying that it stays that way.

Camping is a very popular past time right now. I'm surprised you found a spot.
When we stayed in the Shasta Trinity national Forest a few weeks ago, there were people walking through the camp sites before sun up checking on departure dates.
My wife and I are planning on heading over to Fort Bragg next week and taking our travel trailer.
I hope we can get there. Highway 20 may be closed soon to service that fire north of Willits.
Yes, fire, virus, politically motivated hatred, climate change, these are interesting times.

My engine builder lives in Laytonville, I hope it stays away.

Plagues, fires and floods, it couldn't get much more Biblical, we even have the frogs.
... not to mention the locust swarms that hit the Middle East a couple months ago ...

Stay safe, and may the fires avoid you entirely!

... not to mention the locust swarms that hit the Middle East a couple months ago ...

Going to have to brush up on my plagues, it's been a long time since I attended a Seder.

edit: Oh ****, we've already gotten to darkness.

Back