Oxygen Regulator

Tony Wells

President Emeritus (Retired)
Registered
Does anyone have a good, working oxygen regulator they would sell? My old one bit the dust, and before I buy a new one, I thought I'd try here. Would prefer a Victor 2 stage.

Before junking your regulator search eBay for "victor regulator rebuild kit" and you'll fine a couple of sellers with parts kits available with all the needed bits.

The dissassembly / repair is pretty easy and the price (~$25 ) is right.

Stu

Plus one on the rebuild.
I bought a Victor O2 reg from Matheson a few years ago for less than $100. Might check them out.
If you need one right now to finish a job, I can loan it to you.
Sent from somewhere in East Texas Jake Parker

Correct, Stu. I'd rebuild in a heartbeat......but this is an old Craftsman (Harris? Smith?) from the 70's. Can't find parts for it. I figure replacement is best at this point.

Jake, thanks for the offer, but I was able to finish the job. I'm ok, for now. It's not totally unusable, just has a leaking diaphragm and pressure builds on the low side with the torch valve closed. Once you get a flame, it adjusts with the regulator rather than the torch. Can get by with brazing.welding ok, but I'd hate to try cutting. Don't think it would work.

I have a victor if you want it also have a smaller set not sure on brand but I think uniweld

I have a good heavy duty mechanic friend who told me to repair my guage. He said to use inner tire tube cut to fit. Ended up being a stuck pin. Reassembled it and works fine now.
Jack

Back