Packing up the Shop

Good luck Tom and congrats on the new house. I'm a couple of years away from pulling the plug on the bay area but probably going north.

Safe journey and may all your stuff arrive in one piece. :grin:

Good luck Tom and congrats on the new house. I'm a couple of years away from pulling the plug on the bay area but probably going north.

Safe journey and may all your stuff arrive in one piece. :grin:

Thanks Jay. It's funny that just last month I was looking for projects. Now that my machines are out of service I've got four waiting and a couple more in the works.

Did you have any thoughts of selling some of the big things and buying new machines when you got there?

Did you have any thoughts of selling some of the big things and buying new machines when you got there?

Yes I did. Then reality set in. Spent too much on the house so no money left for machinery.

Look ad pods or shipping container.

They drop off a container ON THE GROUND then you get your machines in first and place well then pack everything arround them as ballast.

The containers have unloaded weight on them but they can cheat you as it is on a truck and who knows how weighed.

So first insist that the weight of container is posted on container.

Also know where the nearest scale is and there are CAT scales all over as well as other ones.

Ask to meet the truck with container at the scale and pay for a weight measurement.

After they drop it off follow back to weigh again.

Repeat after loading.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Yes I did. Then reality set in. Spent too much on the house so no money left for machinery.

Yea, and the thought it takes years to get what you have and could risk not finding similar machines to replace.

They drop off a container ON THE GROUND then you get your machines in first and place well then pack everything arround them as ballast.

The containers have unloaded weight on them but they can cheat you as it is on a truck and who knows how weighed.

Also know where the nearest scale is and there are CAT scales all over as well as other ones.

Ask to meet the truck with container at the scale and pay for a weight measurement.

Repeat after loading.

Thanks for the tip but I have no desire or energy to load and unload our belongings. I'm too old for that.

Repeat after loading.

Thanks for the tip but I have no desire or energy to load and unload our belongings. I'm too old for that.
If you have "heavy steel" you may be better off with the container then hire a rigger to load and secure the machines.

Here local we have an interesting company called meat head movers that are college students so there could be something local that could do same.

Moving companies move furniture and general property but terrible at shop stuff.

You're giving me nightmares TomS.

I went through a unplanned, forced move about a year and a half ago. I was minus my shop for about 6 months.

I hope your move goes better! :)

Back